Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Love...

Well Valentines is fast approaching as we are probably all aware. I don't know what we will be doing for Valentines Day this year. Anyone have any great ideas? This being our sixth Valentine's Day together we are a little bored of dinner and a movie. Valentines is a great holiday, we get a break from the kids and can focus on us. I was talking to someone and they said they are bringing there 6 year old with them on Valentines Day to dinner. Why do people do this? It makes the rest of us think maybe there's something wrong with us, since by the time Valentines Day is here we are REALLY ready to have an adults night. I once heard a quote that said "The best gift a father can give his children, is to love there mother." This being true nobody should feel guilty leaving there kids behind. When you work at creating a great relationship with your husband/wife it makes you better parents. But if someone wants to take the kids with them on there Valentines Date, go ahead just be sure to email me and let me know what restraunt not to go to, because I plan on not seeing anyone under the age of 18 that night. :)

Last weekend I was making a list of things I needed to get done before the weekend was over, and Jesse Jr. was watching me. He said Mom, I want a list. I asked him what he wanted his list to say, he said a list of people I love. I said ok. So he started telling me the names of who he wanted on his list. Mommy, Daddy, Isaish, Aunty Magen, My cousins, Grandma Robin, Grandma Lisa, Unlce Glenn, Papa Jim, Unlce Dan, Aunt Stani, Grandma Reba, Papa Bob, Aunt Mandy, Her new baby, Unlce Rodney, Aunt Celeste, my other cousins, Aunt Ronda and uncle Charles, Uncle Jimmy After this I thought we were done, I mean his list was longer than mine and I was surprised how well he remebers everyone's name. But he needed to add one more name to the list "his dad's worker". Your dad's worker?? (For those of you who don't know we are remodeling the house we rent so our landlord, who we get along with very well, has been over quite a bit lately. ) I asked him " You love Don?" "The landlord?" Yes mom, he's always nice, and always says hi. Isn't is amazing how pure kids hearts are. How they take everything at face vaule. He hasn't been betrayed, or hurt in a way that has made him weary of people. They say hi and are nice I love them and they love me. Theres no wondering of underlying motives just pure love and happiness in his heart. I want to hold on to the gilmpes that show me how little he still really is. f

No comments: